Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Can't Get Enough...

Seriously, I am so in love with the new Maroon5 album. I cannot get enough of it. It is sooo good. the only songs I skip over are Misery and Last Chance. Frankly these being the only songs we had for so long ... I may have overplayed them. Now that I have the entire album to listen too I'm so having an affair with the new songs.

I have to say... No Curtain Call has to be one of my absolute favorites. It's got this whole arena anthem feel reminiscent of Queen's The Show Must Go On (another personal favorite, yes I ADORE Queen). The energetic and very danceable Get Back In My Life has this Abbaesque feel that puts me in mind of songs like Dancing Queen, Voulez Vous, and Waterloo. I know...I'm totally giving my inner geek the stage here. What can I say? I LOVE music. All music. Each song takes you on a different journey...telling a story of heartbreak.

Adam Levine does heartbreak so beautifully. I am so enamored with his voice. He so delivers on this album showing his incredible range - vocally, musically and lyrically. Seriously, if you haven't pre-ordered your copy of this album.... DO IT NOW!!! September 21st cannot get here soon enough.

Having listened to the entire album now, I am completely UBER excited about the second leg of this tour. I'm hoping to hear these songs performed LIVE!!! You KNOW this band is EXCEPTIONAL live. One of the best I've seen. A small request from a loyal fan....can we please have NO CURTAIN CALL, HANDS ALL OVER, JUST A FEELING, OUT OF GOODBYES, RUNAWAY and HOW in Houston on October 22nd?? PLEASE!!!! I'll bring goodies and undies!! I promise.

PS If you'd like a preview of the album before September 21st...the band is streaming it on their station at iheartradio.com. I have a link in the previous post and the widget on my page.

Preview Hands All Over on iheartradio

Pre-Order Hands All Over on iTunes