Tuesday, June 14, 2011

The Return...

So my computer contracted a virus...my brother was trying to watch some UFC fight between two really old guys and the site he was using was "iffy" at best. I don't know what he did/didn't do but my computer went nuts. i was able to shut it down and disconnect my EHD within seconds but the damage was done to my computer. THANK GOD my EHD was spared!!! So....long story short.....I've been out of commission for several months because I was just too lazy to take my computer apart so I could have my cousin's husband take a look at it. I eventually did and he wiped it completely. Reloaded my OS and basic shit I needed to get it up and running. THEN....I let the tower sit on my desk untouched for several more months. My interest in being online waning all the while seeing as the friends I thought I had had abandoned me and the ONE that I could count on had decided to step away and embrace her REALITY and spend more time with her family. So....inadvertantly I weaned myself from my internet addictions.

However....my beloved nephew was missing his online games so I set it all up again. Loaded security software, updated flash drivers, more secure browsers.....all to satisfy my Beloved Boy. And here I am....back in the swing of things although I still don't come her often. Usually just when I'm beyond bored or just curious. I can get updates when I need them, and check my email from my smartphone so a computer is not necessary except for certain sites and playing games. :)

So....let's see where this goes. I am however very saddened to find that John and Carl Mayer have all but disappeared from the virtual world. Ben is still here but his visits are few and far between. :( ah well....i'll find other avenues for my entertainment.

onward ho...