Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Day 6...

Almost home. There was a moment yesterday when I almost caved...I wanted so badly to throw in the towel but I realized...I'm almost home. Three more days and I can go back to whoring it out on Twitter again. I'm more than halfway through...thus my crisis was averted.

This has been a strange experiment. I know the premise was that being off the "grid" so to speak would make us more personally social but I guess its just not my nature to be a social butterfly. I've always been a loner. I've always had friends and TONS of acquaintances...but...I've never been a social person. I knew about all the parties in high school. I could have gone to keggers every weekend had I wanted. I just prefer to be alone. This experiment has proven that beyond a doubt. I'm as "social" as I've ever been. Frankly...I'm MORE social online than I've EVER been in person. I'm a homebody by nature. I like the comfort of MY things, MY space. I'm uncomfortable when I'm not in control. Yes, I go out, I'm most definitely not a shut in. I go to the theaters and recently I've started going to concerts(a totally new experience for me which I may blog about later). I go out with friends to dinner. I've even been known to go shopping...which, if you knew me, is HUGE!!

I tried watching television, something I don't do a lot. I'm afraid that there isn't a lot of programming I'd CHOOSE to watch. I'm sorry but all that reality tv crap is so contrived and obviously scripted its ridiculous. And all these "teen" dramas are pointless. I do however like LIE TO ME, HOUSE and the crime dramas. I've always been a crime drama girl. But frankly, television has become a wealth of shite programming. Is it any wonder the youth of America are brain dead? Seriously, even children's programming has become violent, trite and overly sexual. I'm sorry, tv isn't even fit for the birds.

I guess another option I could try would be to read, but I'm bad about reading. If I read a book, I will not put it down til I'm finished. Case in point, I recently read THE BLIND SIDE, the book which the movie was partly based. It was so good, and even though I had already seen the movie I could not put it down until I'd read the last word on the last page. I read for 10hrs straight, taking neither food nor drink 'til I'd finished. Reading might be a dangerous distraction. Especially since I was hoping that abstaining from online shenanigans would afford me a chance to sleep. I thought that maybe, just maybe my zeal for wreaking havoc online with my slew of friends worldwide was the most deciding factor in my insomnia. NOT so. :o( even when i tried to sleep early; I couldn't fall asleep 'til 5 or 6 am.

For the last 3 days, or has it been 4, I've been amusing myself with the PSP. I downloaded a demo version of Rockband for PSP. OMG it so rocks. I taught my niece how to play. The little turd rocked out a 100,000 point score in warmup mode On AFI's Miss Murder on the guitar track. FIRST TIME OUT!!!! She's 7 yrs old. I also taught my nephew how to play Crash Tag Team Racing on PSP. He actually finished a race. He came in dead last but he finished it. He's only 2yrs old. Yes, I am a rocking aunt. I'm corrupting my niece and nephew with PSP!!! good thing I have 2 PSPs, 1 DS and 1 Gameboy Advance. What I really need is a PS3 or a Wii so we can play together. I will totally PWN them....at least until they understand what they're doing. Then I'll retire. ;o) I'm not about to get pwnd by my 9 yr old nephew and 7 yr old niece.

Anyway...2 more days and I'm home free. 2 more days... this SHOULD be a piece of cake. oooh cake....I want some cake. I should still have some spice cake and some whipped cream...mmmmm. Gotta go!! bye!